“Think About It” . . .
Challenged by cravings? Get your wellness back on track with things that work.Dr. Jonathan Bricker’s work has uncovered a scientifically sound approach to behaviour change that is twice as effective as most currently practiced methods. His new methods are driving new norms and new apps for how people quit smoking and decrease obesity, Bricker is an internationally recognized scientific leader in a bold approach called acceptance and commitment therapy. A Stanford researcher called his use of the approach “a breakthrough in behavioural research [that] has major public health implications for the major causes of preventable death.”
“What’s On Your Plate?”. . .
Peach and Chickpea Curry (inspired by Jack Monroe of “A Girl Named Jack”) – 4 Servings
Gather and Prep: In a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat add
1. 1 large white onion – diced
2. 1 large clove of garlic – peel and finely chop
3. 1/4 tSp dry chilli flakes
4. 1/2 tSp tumeric; ginger
5. 1 tSp chilli powder; chana masala
6. 2 tSp cumin
7. 3-4 medium peaches – washed, peeled and diced – cook in separate saucepan with 1-2 tBp of maple syrup at medium heat until releases a syrupy sauce surrounding peaches – then transfer entire contents to large frying pan
Now add to onion/garlic/spices/peaches in large frying pan:
8. 540 ml (19 oz.) of no salt added chickpeas – drained and rinsed
9. 796 ml (27 oz) of no salt added diced tomatoes
10. Handful of fresh cilantro – finely chopped (optional)
Serve on a bed of basmati brown rice with fresh salad
“What’s In Your Grocery Bag?”. .
A relatively new item on the shelves of Costco. Walmart. Co-op and Safeway is a Kale Salad Kit – complete with high fat oil dressing and oil-laden cranberries and sunflower seeds. Instead cut the health risks of too much fat by purchasing separate bags of organic kale and broccoli slaw (see picture above) along with no oil added dried cranberries (Sun Maid brand) with a low fat silken tofu dressing (Mori Nu Lite). Recipe for this mayo is at forksmart.org under Resources. It works as a scrumptious and cheaper alternative to packaged salads.!
Download Your Free Copy
Download your FREE copy of Dr. Esselstyn's lecture on Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease.