You may be wondering – who is Kate and why should I listen to anything she has to say about whole plant-based living? You are smart to be both curious and cautious!
You probably have a lot in common with me.
- Are you struggling with an illness like heart disease or diabetes or both?
- Are you overweight and no matter what you try, the pounds re-bound back and add a few more with each effort?
- Do you feel exhausted most nights, so you veg out in front of the t.v.?
- Does even the thought of exercise make you groan in agony before you have even moved a muscle?
- Do you reach for junk food to soothe or comfort you?
If you answered “yes” to even one of these questions – then my story will be of help to you.
Yes, that is my before picture weighing 120 pounds heavier, with a plastic moustache feeding me oxygen 24 hours a day facing only 2 to 5 years to live which also resulted in me becoming blind!
The video below is a good introduction to my story.
Let me support you in your mission for optimizing your health with practical strategies along the way.
Here is an interview with Podcaster Nurse Kristin:
Trifecta magazine is a local Calgary publication that “inspires well-being and mindful living through community connections while focusing on three aspects of health: Mind, Body and Soul. ” The Winter, 2018 issue features my story. ” A Plant Based Diet: Live Longer, Leaner and Livelier.” My story is shared in more detail as an appreciation of incredible gratitude for finding an amazingly healing way to restore as much health and wellness as possible. Here it is: http://trifectamagazine.ca/this-issue/.
Jason Cohen of the Big Change – this movie is in production. In the meantime, here is my conversation with Jason. He asks some great questions! https://youtu.be/B7Lu3lhW7c8
Get to know Kate better…
Whole Plant-Based Lifestyles Studies
- Pharmacy Technician (in-hospital services)
- Former Registered Nurse (Operating Room; Bedside Medical Care; Camp Nurse)
- Post-secondary Lecturer at Algonquin College, Catholic University of America*, Wilfrid Laurier University*, University of Calgary*, Mount Royal University (* also Assistant to the Director of Field Practice, Faculty of Social Work)
- Clinician in individual, couple, family and group therapy and trainer in crisis intervention and in brief solution-focussed counselling – designing, developing, co-ordinating and supervising free on-site counselling services for students and their families from kindergarten to grade 12 (supervising 13 counsellors in 12 school sites) for a rural Albertan School Division; working with over 23 agencies/programs and in private practice in Calgary, Okotoks and High River, in addition to practicing in Ontario, the United States and Great Britain
- Area Coordinator with ACSW (Alberta College of Social Workers); Mentor;
- Volunteer Coordinator for Cystic Fibrosis Holiday Gift Wrapping (North Hill Mall);
- Co- Host of Fork Smart: Oil-free Whole Plant-based Living Calgary and Area Meet-Up;
- Instructor with Fork Smart. Org; Organizer of Heart Calgary.Com; Monthly Recipe Contributor (former Southern Alberta Support Group Facilitator) to the Pulmonary Hypertension Association of Canada;
- Initiator and Facilitator of MentoringMondays.Ca ( a free 360 Work Search Skills Program);
- Patient Advisor for Pregnancy Loss, Alberta Health Services; Patient Advisor for Cardiology and CCU, Peter Lougheed Centre and Respiratory Services, Alberta Health Services;
- Co-chair of Action for Healthy Kids Coalition; former Committee Member of the Canadian Transplant Association, Southern Alberta Region; Annual Conference Co-chair of the Alberta College of Social Workers
Download Your Free Copy
Download your FREE copy of Dr. Esselstyn's lecture on Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease.