Psychological Solutions for the Knowing (accepting your thoughts & feelings) – Doing Gap (consistent action that reflects your values) on Your Wellness Journey.
Discover solutions for your physical, mental, emotional and relationship issues that let you be your best self!
Kate is trained and practices both Brief Solution Focused and Focused Acceptance & Commitment therapeutic interventions. She, is a former registered nurse with over 25 years of experience as a clinically trained masters- level social worker in the fields of family therapy, addictions and mental health. Kate is also a Certified Food for Life Instructor (pcrm.org); a Starch Solution Graduate (John McDougall,MD) and Plant-based Nutrition Certificate Holder (Cornell -T. Colin Campbell). Your needs, your time, your budget – contact Book an appointment for “make it happen” counselling with Kate. Not sure – get a free 15 minute consultation via phone.
- Offer Counselling – Consulting – Training: in-person (Calgary and Area) or via phone or by Zoom (Video conferencing with e-mail link) Kate J. McGoey-Smith, D.Nrsg, MSW, RSW, FM email@example.com 403-519-92
- Psychological Solutions: Knowing-Doing Gap on Wellness Path: Facebook Live Event (Thursdays @12 noon MDT) – offering psychological solutions that are practical and doable
- E- L. O.V.E. Newsletter (first week of each month): Calendar; Psychological Solutions Article; Recipe; Inspiration
- Oil-free Whole Plant-based Potluck and Vegucation (2nd Thursday @6:30pm in Calgary)
- Special Events: Co-hosting with local eateries oil-free whole plant-based meals (advocating for whole plant-based menu items and a sense of belonging for WPB life-stylers); also advertising and supporting other WPB events in Alberta
- Summit – Why and How Conference with leaders and innovators in the whole plant based lifestyle movement. 2020 will be the final year for this events.
Kate’s Professional Qualifications:
- Post-graduate training and practice in Brief Solution Focused and Focused Acceptance & Commitment Therapeutic Interventions
- Trained Family Mediator
- Masters of Social Work (clinical concentration), Wilfrid Laurier University
- Bachelor of Arts Social Development Studies (Psychology and Social Work), Waterloo University
- Diploma of Nursing, Conestoga College (Operating Room; Bedside and Community Experience)
- Whole Plant-based Nutrition:
- Plant-based Nutrition and Nutrition of a Healthy Heart (T. Colin Campbell Foundation E-Cornell);
- Starch Solution Graduate (McDougall Health and Medical Center)
- Food for Life Instructor (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine – Neal Barnard, MD)
- Cleveland Clinic – Background in Epidemiology and Causes of Coronary Artery Disease; Natural Defence Mechanisms and Downside of CAD Therapies; Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease (The Esselstyn Program)
- Rouxbe Cooking School: Culinary Treatment Rx Certificate in Whole Plant-based Cooking in partnership with the Plantrician Project
Meet Fork Smart’s Scientific Consultant and Coach: Dr. Andrew McGoey-Smith
- PhD in Physical Chemistry, University of Manchester, UK
- University Lecturer in Environmental Science, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario
- Post-doctoral Studies at the Universities of Maryland, Waterloo and Tennessee
- BSc in Chemistry, University of Manchester, UK
As a Starch Solution Certificate Graduate (McDougall Health and Wellness Center), Andrew follows a whole plant-based lifestyle and can explain the science (the “why”) behind the lifestyle.
Service costs go to Green Analysis Ltd. to support the ongoing community efforts.
Let’s work together and get you on your path to be your very best self – contact Kate today!
firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-519-9261
Not yet ready to live life more fully? Here is what some other folks have to say:
“I emailed Kate, not sure if someone from Canada would respond to a stranger in Washington state. Not only did Kate respond to my email, but she also called me and gave me close to 3 hours of her time sharing with me her story, her victories, and gave me a better understanding as to the why and how of a plant-based diet. It gave me so much hope to talk to a real person living this out and experiencing the real benefits of a plant-based diet. Since then, I have tried several of Kate’s recipes and continue to learn more and change more through her encouraging emails on of research that supports this lifestyle. More importantly, I have seen the difference in my own health – having more energy and continuing to surprise doctors with how well I’m doing. Kate has been a hero in my life giving me renewed hope and help in my fight against IPAH!” – L. N., Washington, USA
“I am so grateful for Kate’s inspiration and guidance during my whole food plant based journey. She has been so motivating and especially encouraging along the way. I continue to lose a pound each week and I am especially happy with the steady improvement in my overall health. The results of my lab work are now normal including inflammatory markers. My rheumatologist has reduced my maintenance medication for systemic lupus erythematosus by half. My main pulmonary artery is no longer mildly dilated. My heart is no longer mildly enlarged. My blood pressure has improved significantly, allowing me to avoid medication for high blood pressure. While I am still on oxygen, my lungs continue to heal. Kate has made a profound difference in my life by setting such a remarkable example and by having the courage to share her experience. Thank you, Kate.” – G. A,, Reno, Nevada, USA
“I met Kate just a little over 2 years ago. At the time, I was struggling with many health issues: being overweight, high blood pressure; elevated cholesterol and type 2 diabetes. I did not want to take pharmaceutical medicine and had seen Forks over Knives plus many other similar documentaries, but was only seeing marginal success. Kate focused and inspired me to ‘dig in’ and completely immerse myself into a whole food plant based diet. Her coaching and ongoing support enabled me to lose 50 pounds, get my blood pressure and cholesterol to normal levels, best of all, I no longer have type 2 diabetes! My son, who is in middle school, also decided to join me in this lifestyle change and loves it! Thanks from both of us Kate! (And Andrew of course!)” – M. H., Calgary
“Kate was very informative and fun. The instructions were easy to follow, simple ingredients, and tasty results. Looking forward to trying her recipes in my kitchen.” – J. M., Calagary
“The evidence in favour of a plant-based lifestyle is overwhelming. Kate put in a ton of work in the classes & the food was scrumptious.” – C. B., Calgary
“Your team did a terrific job from cooking to presentation. We really enjoyed it and given us a bird’s eye view on eating healthy. As they say it’s never too late to change habits and your branding says it all . . . being fork smart!” – Mother and daughter attendees
“I have just purchased and looked over the guide (Community Potluck Starter Kit). It is exactly what I was looking for, and more. I moved recently, and the biggest challenge has been to find a regular, easily accessible venue for our potlucks. I look forward to putting your information to use.”-R.. Ohio, USA
Ready to build solutions that fully embrace your best self?? Let’s talk . . .
Kate and Andrew: email@example.com ; check out Fork Smart Facebook page or ForK Smart Canada Instagram